well, it was inevitable wasn't it really. . .

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the airUp ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering lightMy head grew heavy and my sight grew dim, I had to stop for the night There she stood in the doorway, I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself, "This could be heaven or this could be hell!"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor, I thought I heard them say...
"Welcome to the Hotel California."
Such a lovely place, such a lovely facePlenty of room at the Hotel CaliforniaAny time of year, you can find it here
Her mind is tiffany-twistedShe got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friendsHow they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the captain, "Please bring me my wine."
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine."

And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California, such a lovely placeSuch a lovely face. . .
They livin' it up at the Hotel CaliforniaWhat a nice surprise, bring your alibisMirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device."

And in the master's chambers, they gathered for the feast They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before

"Relax," said the night man, "We are programmed to receive.You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave. . ."

THE EAGLES

7 comments:

Mel said...

It's a humming kind of morning.
I'm good with this tune--or any tune.

But I do especially like this one for some reason. :-)

*humming away*

I, Like The View said...

me too! altho now I'm humming Take It Easy

(-:

KAZ said...

"Mirrors on the ceiling
Pink champagne on ice" ...
One of my favourite lines.
Beautifully illustrated.

Anonymous G said...

Hopelessly stuck in my head for the duration of the evening!

You can checkout anytime you'd like, but you can never leave.....

Mel said...

(((((((( G ))))))))))

Zactly!

Yup....just all day long! :-)

mig said...

This was on the radio in the British Heart Foundation charity shop yesterday :) I was singing it all the way home - well humming it as I can never remember words. And of course I thought of you :)
xxx

I, Like The View said...

oh! the BHF is best charity shop on the high street here!!

(-:

Mel . . .all day long - yup, me too

G just imagine the bill (mind you, if you never left, perhaps you'd never have to pay)

it's funny how some tunes get in your head

and stay there

(-%

KAZ me too - it's so fragile and delicate, isn't it? thanks! (I have the vinyl album cover in the living room - wouldn't it be cool if you could get the neon sign for real?)