panto update - for ROLES PLAYED BY MALES

(speaking and non-speaking): essential reading here
and by way of explanation, for anyone who hasn't a clue what's going on:

"'pantomime' is an entertainment - a form of ritual theatre staged around the winter solstice; originally a form of mime (silent), it is now noisy - with much vocalisation from both the performers and the audience. . .

"the stories are generally drawn from popular folk-tales and similar sources, populated with stock characters: a 'principal boy' who is by a young lady with shapely legs; a 'heroine' also played by a young lady (which gives an interesting edge to any romance); and a 'dame', played by a midle aged-man who exaggerates the lewdness of some middle-aged ladies (mentioning no names) (not you, I'm referring to me) (altho I'm not, obviously). . .

"scripts generally contain four strands of humour: visual, topical, corny and downright rude. . .

(obviously, anything appearing chez I,LTV will not contain rudery - especially downright rudery) (and I won't be doing "corny" either) (and, since I don't do politics or religion, neither will be doing "topical" - altho I might refer to the Time Machine that is the Large Hadron Colander, and possibly the disappearance of the polar ices)

"in Great Britain, pantomime is considered to be family entertainment"

5 comments:

dinahmow said...

I wondered why you had that picture up there. Large Hadron Colander! Love it. (I expect that is how Vicus will, henceforth,refer to the LHC!)

mig said...

Oh I thought it was a hat!

(No upright rudery either?
Oh well.)

Mel said...

Right!

<-- will ask the Brit kindly to translate. LOL

And no full frontal rudity, either!

Just sayin'....
......right?.....ohpleasepleaseplease......

Rimshot said...

hmmm, the disappearance of the polar ices may be my fault. I've been having a few celebratory drinks over at Chez Moi and needed cubes for the glasses.

I, Like The View said...

shot and boy, do you have something to celebrate!

Mel no nudity or rudity. . .

mig I'm loving the thought of sideways rudery. . .

dinah I think he thinks I've gone soft, he's been ignoring me and my scientific references for ages now

)-: