When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees
Well they'd be singing so happily, joyfully, playfully, watching me
But then they send me away to teach me
How to be sensible, logical, responsible, practical
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
Clinical, intellectual, cynical
There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep for such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am
I said now, watch what you say,
Now we're calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal
Won't you sign up your name,
We'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable
But at night, when all the world's asleep
The questions run so deep for such a simple man
Won't you please (Won't you tell me), (You can tell me what)
Please tell me what we've learned (Can you hear me?)
I know it sounds absurd (Won't you help me)
Please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, who I am
But I'm thinking so logical
Did you call, one two three four
It's getting unbelievable
.
SUPERTRAMP

2 comments:

Mel said...

Uh oh.

*laughing*

When I have one song stuck in my brain AND I'm caffeine deficient--I might NEED that link to hum along.

Or.....maybe sticking with 17 would be okay.
'cept this'll bother me. LOL

FINE!

<-- exiting to find link to the tune!

mig said...

the questions run too deep. I came back to the birds in the trees.