You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht Your hat strategically dipped below one eye, your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye in the mirror a
s you watched yourself gavotte And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner
They'd be your partner, and. . .

You had me several years ago when I was still quite naive
Well, you said that we made such a pretty pairAnd that you would never leave - But you gave away the things you loved
And one of them was me

I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee

Clouds in my coffee. . .

Well, I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won

Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia

To see the total eclipse of the sun

Well, you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not, you're with some underworld spy
Or the wife of a close friend, wife of a close friend, and. . .

I had some dreamsThey were clouds. . .

7 comments:

Mel said...

I have my penguin blankie.
I have my warm coke.
I have pillows and a heating pad.
I have a song stuck in my head.

*laughing*

The good news is, it's NOT the Llama Song!! :-)

(((((((((((( ILTV )))))))))))))

Christopher said...

ApricOT
GavOTTE

OTT?

mig said...

Oh but I do!
But I like the lyrics anyway.

I, Like The View said...

mig (-: (just for you!)

Christopher. . .well, what was the poor woman going to sing? your scarf was a piece of grot and you looked in the mirror and watched yourself on the trot!

(-;


Mel yup - an excellent evening!! (not the llama song. . .)

Vicus Scurra said...

is that song about me?

I, Like The View said...

I'm not quite sure, Vicus - is it?

mig said...

Aha! Missing chorus see - I could only ever remember the refrain : )