spend all your time waiting for that second chance for the break that will make it okthere's always some reason to feel not good enough
and it's hard at the end of the dayI need some distraction, oh beautiful release memories seep from my veins they may be empty and weightless, and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

in the arms of an angel, fly away from here from this dark, cold room, and the endlessness that you fearyou are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverieyou're in the arms of an angel, may you find some comfort hereso tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn
there's vultures and thieves at your backthe storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies
that you make up for all that you lack it don't make no difference, escaping one last time
it's easier to believe in this sweet madness oh this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees

in the arms of an angel, far away from here from this dark, cold room,and the endlessness that you fear you are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
in the arms of an angel, may you find some comfort here

SARAH MCLACHLAN

11 comments:

Christopher said...

But this is so melancholy! I thibk you should try singing - with Mel, why not? -

Life is butter
Life is butter
*Melon cauliflower
Melon cauliflower:
Life is butter
Life is butter
Melon cauliflower
Melon cauliflower.

Tune: Frère Jacques

* second voice enters here

Rimshot said...

I heart the Ms McLachlan song. They use it as the music bed for an animal cruelty or adoption type add here in the colonies.

Mel said...

Ohhhhhh......I like this one muchly, but I'm afraid to report it's not the tune that's been stuck overhere.
ALL DAY LONG....yup..one of 'those'.

Am I gonna tell ya?
Oh no. I'm gonna sing the "life is butter" song in hopes of making it go away! :-/

Zig said...

thought I had slipped back in time there for a minute - luckily we have tomorrow to look forward to!

X

Mel said...

Happy Wednesday!

Hump day....I'm hoping it means 'it's all downhill from here'.
That'd be really, really good!

:-)

Mel said...

(((((((((( ILTV ))))))))))))

I came for another listen and look.

I think I need it, ty.

(((((((((((( ILTV ))))))))))))))

Mel said...

Boy oh boy I hope you're out and about doing something fun and affirming.
Sidewalk chalk would work for me--but I don't know if that's for everybody.
Wait.
We're talkin' sidewalk chalk! :-)

Ohhhhhh......and a few bubbles from the rooftop would be really, really fun!
Just sayin'......

(((((((((((( ILTV )))))))))))))

Rimshot said...

( ( ( ( View ) ) ) )

I've left room for a group hug

I, Like The View said...

oh people

(-:

I needed that hug - thank you (not so sure about the butter melon cauliflower song. . . might take a raincheck on that. . .)

(-;

things are slightly wonky here at I,LTV Towers, the least of which wonkiest is my HBI (human blogging interface)

)-:

I'm writing from Mini-Teen's 'puter, mine has died a certain death (to such extent that if you receive an email from "me", it's NOT from me but from some nasty virus my laptop caught - so PER-LEASE don't open it!!!!)

anyhoo

less of my worries - hope you're all doing ok, and I'll be back as soon as I've sorted the nasty virus out (or, if not that, as soon as M-T lets me use her PC again!)

xxXXXXXXXXXxx

(her computer tells me when I make a spelling error in the comment box - mine doesn't!)

mig said...

Oh wonderful Mini Teen. But not so wonderful virus!!
((((((((((( I ))))))))))))
(extra hugs in case of need)
xxxx

Mel said...

Ughhhhhh....you poor thing.

This is how himself landed a new 'puter in the study.
And then Mel cleared out the virus thanks to the girl's paid for education!

Cuz LORD knows what we needed was a new 'puter! LOL
I ain't countin' how many that makes and you can't make me....

(((((((((((( ILTV ))))))))))))