celebrating "do"ing

so, as you probably know, I don't really "do" FaceBook. . . however every now and again I receive a lovely message on it (you know who you are), so in that sense it's a very useful communicative cyber tool

and yesterday I received a wonderful one which reunited me with a friend I had lost touch with, who I'd been looking for, but hadn't found; someone very special, who wanted to find me. . .

who introduced me to grocery shopping in Zabars. . .taught me how to get your baker's dozen from H&H Bagels. . .and who shared with me the delights of all the flavours of the world's best ice-cream. . .
who wandered with me around modern art galleries. . .
spent hours and hours with me in one of the world's finest art museums. . .
. . .the girl who tried to teach me how to whistle for one of these
and took me for my first cocktail, a strawberry daquiri. . .
in Windows on The World. . .
the restaraunt at the top of the World Trade Center's North Tower. . . when I was still only a naive English eighteen-year-old, but lived in one of the USA's most vibrant places: she is the reason I still love Sex & The City . . .my very own personal Carrie

11 comments:

Dave said...

:-)

I, Like The View said...

yes

indeed!

Morton Shadow said...

Top shoes CB!

xxx
Mort

Mel said...

Oh how wonderful!!!! For you and for her.....

((((((((((( ILTV )))))))))))))

I, Like The View said...

ah Mort. . .

. . .it's all about the shuuuuuuz, isn't it

if only my own feet were that beautiful

I, Like The View said...

oh! Mel it is a joy

I can tell you - the last I heard from her was that she wasn't involved in 9/11

she's the friend I've know for the longest in my life

<----- very happy today!

katherine. said...

that sorta reconnect that wasn't ever really disconnected....

Facebook is good for something
(she admits grudgingly....)

I, Like The View said...

exactly

I spent more time on FB yesterday than I think I ever had before all added up

mig said...

Well if facebook gave you happiness I forgive it for being (other wise) a complete pain.
It's so lovely to find an old friend like that :)
Happy hugs to you :)

Sorrow said...

Old friends are the best kind of friends to have!
so glad you found your lost one!

I, Like The View said...

(-:

XXX